Professional Learning Services
As an organisation we have more than 30 years’ experience developing and delivering professional learning opportunities for teaching teams working in early childhood education sector and beyond. Our goal is to grow the capability of adults working with infants, toddlers, young children, colleagues and as a team member, to enable them to be the best practitioners they can be. We have a highly experienced team offering a wide range of specialised skills and expertise in a variety of areas of professional learning and development within and beyond early childhood education. Our approach is to work alongside an organisation to collaboratively develop a programme that will meet your needs.
- Strategic Planning: We work with Boards and leadership teams to develop their organisation’s strategic and business plans. Using a range of industry analysis tools, we assist top gain a better understand of the industry in which you operate and what strategies could be adopted to grow and develop your business.
- Not for Profit Governance: We work with Boards in the area of governance. We are particularly experienced in working in the not-for-profit sector. Examples of how we can assist are Board reviews or assisting with governance policy development.
- Change management: Change can be really challenging for everyone involved. What people fear are the perceived loses rather than the opportunity that is created. Our team is available to work with organisations to plan for and support management of change processes. We also work with leadership teams to develop competency in change management, with on the theory behind change management and then applying it to practical real life scenarios.
- Team relationships: Over our years in we have develop extensive experience in working with teams. Engaged teams that work well together will assist an organisation to achieve its business goals. We all know that some teams are not quite there. This is where we can help, by working with individuals and teams to focus on what is important, growing and developing your business.
- Learning through play: Our interactive workshops cover the vale and functions of play, identifying how and what children and learning as well as the teacher’s role in a play based curriculum. We unpack urges/ schema, setting an environment including loose parts and sustainability, that support’s children’s curiosity and creativity.
- Social Competence: This professional learning opportunity will fill your kete with positive teaching strategies that support and enhance strong relationships, which enable children to learn socially appropriate behaviours and ways to manage their emotions.
- Te Whāriki: Let’s get our Te Whāriki lens back on, get ready to start unpacking our revised curriculum. What does this look like in action in your centre, and what are your responsibilities as a kaiako to ensure tamariki are developing as competent and confident learners.
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi: As a partners in Te Tiriti o Waitangi Central Kids is committed to ensuring we provide a learning environment that reflects te Ao Māori. Contact us to work so we can work with you to develop your knowledge of treaty-based practice.
- Appraisal: We believe that appraisal is about improving practice. Closely aligned to Education Council expectations we can offer a framework and tools built on engaging teachers to develop their own practice to achieve improved outcomes for ākonga.