Professional Learning Services
As an organisation we have more than 30 years’ experience developing and delivering professional learning opportunities for teaching teams working in early childhood education sector and beyond. Our goal is to grow the capability of adults working with infants, toddlers, young children, colleagues and as a team member, to enable them to be the best practitioners they can be. We have a highly experienced team offering a wide range of specialised skills and expertise in a variety of areas of professional learning and development within and beyond early childhood education. Our approach is to work alongside an organisation to collaboratively develop a programme that will meet your needs.
- Strategic Planning: We work with Boards and leadership teams to develop their organisation’s strategic and business plans. Using a range of industry analysis tools, we assist to gain a better understanding of the context in which you operate and the strategies which could be adopted to grow and develop your business.
- Not for Profit Governance: We work with Boards in the area of governance. We are particularly experienced in working in the not-for-profit sector. Examples of how we can assist include Board reviews or assisting with governance policy development.
- Change management: Change can be really challenging for everyone involved. What people fear are the perceived loses rather than the opportunities that are created. Our team is available to work with organisations to plan for and support management of change processes. We also work with leadership teams to develop competency in change management, using change management theories and then applying these to practical real life scenarios.
- Team relationships: Central Kids Professional Leaders have extensive experience in working with teams. Engaged teams who work well together will assist an organisation to achieve its business goals. We all know that some teams are not quite there yet. We will share the tools and strategies used by successful leaders to work with individuals and teams in order to enable them to focus on what is important, growing and developing your business.
- Philosophy Development: A philosophy is the heart of a services beliefs. Philosophy statements guide the teaching team and whānau towards a common goal. We have a programme that walks the team through from initial stages to embedded practice.
- Learning through play: Our interactive workshops cover the value and functions of play, identifying how and what children are learning as well as the teacher’s role in a play based curriculum. We unpack urges/ schema and setting an environment (including loose parts and sustainability), that supports children’s curiosity and creativity.
- Social Competence: This professional learning opportunity will fill your kete with positive teaching strategies that support and enhance strong relationships, which will enable children to learn socially appropriate behaviours and ways to manage their emotions.
- Infants and Toddlers: "Infants are learning rapidly and developing their identities as autonomous learners. They depend on sensitive adults who know and understand them" - Te Whāriki. We can work with you to develop your skills so children are enriched by their relationships with you.
- Learning Language and Loving It: A programme to promote children's social, language, and literacy development in early learning(available 2020).
- Teacher Talk Hanen Series: A programme to encourage language development in early learning. (available 2020)
- Te Whāriki: Let’s get our Te Whāriki lens back on, get ready to start unpacking our revised curriculum. What does this look like in action in your centre, and what are your responsibilities as a kaiako to ensure tamariki are developing as competent and confident learners.
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi: As a partner in Te Tiriti o Waitangi Central Kids is committed to ensuring we provide a learning environment that reflects te Ao Māori. Contact us so we can work with you to develop your knowledge of treaty-based practice.
- Te Whatu Pōkeka: Central Kids Early Learning has a group of tuakana that are ready to facilitate this assessment kaupapa framework.
- Appraisal: We believe that appraisal is about improving practice. We can offer a framework and tools built on engaging teachers to develop their own practice to achieve improved outcomes for ākonga. This is closely aligned to Teaching Council expectations.
We have developed a complete Infocare Administration Deskfile product enabling services to process funding handbook tasks on time and accurately when these procedures are followed.
Whether it be support with administration systems or understanding of the Funding Handbook requirements, we have the experience and expertise to help.