Kaiako and tamariki at Central Kids Golden Sands ELC in Papamoa spent Te wiki o te reo Māori learning and celebrating the following:
– Practising ngā rā o te wiki (the days of the week) which are displayed in our entrance for everyone to see as you arrive.
– Singing lots of waiata (songs), learnt some new kanikani (dances), made poi and read lots of wonderful pukapuka (books).
– Created some beautiful weaving while having the chance to engage in some great kōrero (conversations).
– There are lots of new words and phrases displayed for our kaiako and whānau to practice with. Check out our kai area and our Taonga climbing room!
– We have also had the chance to get into the garden and learn how to look after Papatūānuku (the land) so that our garden is ready for the new plants to go in.